RECTOR OF THE JAGIELLONIAN UNIVERSITY announces a competitive selection process for the post of an ASSISTANT PROFESSOR in the research staff at the Institute for the Study of Religion at the Faculty of Philosophy, academic field: humanities/social sciences, in the research project: PENTACTORS (Pentecostalism-ActivismOthers), entitled: Missionaries, migrants and hosts. Pentecostalism, "Other" and activism in contemporary Poland, financed by the Polish National Science Centre under the Sonata-17 program (UMO-2021/43 / D / HS6 / 02274).
The competitive selection process is open for all individuals, who meet the requirements set out in Articles 113 and 116.2.3) of the Act of 20 July 2018 – Law on Higher Education and Science, and who meet the following eligibility criteria according to § 165 of the Statute of the Jagiellonian University:
1) Holding at least a doctoral degree;
2) Having relevant scientific achievements;
3) Taking an active part in scientific life.
Further requirements in line with National Science Centre regulations:
The preferred candidate will also:
4) Have a doctoral degree obtained no earlier than 7 years before the start of the competition;
5) Have relevant scientific achievements, especially in the field of anthropology, social sciences or related field; expertise in migration, social movements, and study of religion will be advantageous;Have field research experience and data analysis experience. Knowledge of data analysis
programs (such as MAXQDA or similar) is an advantage;
7) Have a very good or excellent command of the Ukrainian language and/or Russian language;
8) Experience in research in the Ukrainian-speaking and/or Russian-speaking contexts and knowledge of local contexts is an additional advantage;
9) Have an excellent command of the English language and the ability to publish and present the output of the project at international journals and conferences;
10) Knowledge of the Polish language is not a necessary condition but may be an advantage;
11) Are ready to undertake about 20 months of fieldwork conducted in several localities in Poland (the candidate is expected to be available and mobile in Poland for the time of field research);
12) Have good work organization, a strong motivation for scientific development, and teamworkoriented.
For more information on the project and post-doc position please consult
The winning candidate will be employed under a full-time employment contract. The offered contract considers a period of 30 months as a post-doc position. The direct supervisor will be the PI of the project, Dr Natalia Zawiejska.
The duties will include:
1) Conducting field research and data collection related to Ukrainian and Russian-speaking Pentecostalism in Poland, in several locations in Poland, over a period of min. 18 months;
2) Participating in the evaluation, preparation, processing and analysis of data;
3) Participating in the presentation of the project results: submission of two articles related to the research conducted in the project in international journals, presentation of the project research results at international conferences and workshops, participation and preparation of project’s workshop, participation in the maintenance of the project blog and website;
4) Participating in the popularization of the project results (university – society knowledge transfer);
5) Participating in research team meetings and meetings with the Committee of Experts.
The candidates, who would like to participate in the competitive selection process, should submit the following documents to the head of the project:
Dr Natalia Zawiejska: email@example.com
1. Application form;
2. resume (scientific CV);
3. motivation letter;
4. personal questionnaire filled in by the candidate;
5. copy of the doctoral diploma or a diploma confirming the candidate’s habilitation degree, if applicable;
6. doctoral dissertation reviews or habilitation dissertation review, if applicable;
7. information on the candidate’s scientific, teaching and organisational achievements;
8. list of publications (along with the respective publishing houses and the number of pages), and 2 Pdf files with the most relevant publications – if applicable;
9. two letters of reference;
10. declaration of the candidate, confirming that the Jagiellonian University will be their primary place of work, should they be selected in the competitive selection process;
11. Declaration under Article 113 of the Law on Higher Education and Science;
12. Declaration on acknowledging and accepting the rules and regulations concerning intellectual property management and commercialisation in force at the Jagiellonian University;
13. Information regarding the processing of personal data.
Declaration forms can be obtained at (the “Files to download” section):
Any further information about the research project, formal requirements, employment details and research tasks in the project will be provided upon request by the head of the project, Dr Natalia Zawiejska.
Two-stage selection process:
1) qualification of candidates according to the documentation provided
2) online interview
Opening date of the competitive selection: 20.09.2022
Application submission deadline: 15.11.2022
The competitive selection process will be concluded by 19.12.2022
The start of employment is scheduled between 1 January 2023 and 31 March 2023.
Jagiellonian University does not provide housing.